29G lighting and fixture change.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful fish, but it's pretty much mandatory to have at least five of them... They're true schoolers so that's part and parcel to keeping them happy and healthy. And they're the only fish that I've been able to get a school going without ending in utter disaster.

Haha, no problem. They get to about three or four inches, so you'd want at least a 29G tank to house a full school. I know some LFS do stock new fish at request, so it couldn't hurt to try!

And thank you Dakota! It was a pain for sure, but all's well that ends well, right? Initially I had a problem where my white skirts went berserk and started attacking each other just like the issue I had with my black skirts. I think the abrupt change in light intensity probably startled them though, as they've settled down.

CoyoteWildfire said:
Haha, no problem. They get to about three or four inches, so you'd want at least a 29G tank to house a full school. I know some LFS do stock new fish at request, so it couldn't hurt to try!

And thank you Dakota! It was a pain for sure, but all's well that ends well, right? Initially I had a problem where my white skirts went berserk and started attacking each other just like the issue I had with my black skirts. I think the abrupt change in light intensity probably startled them though, as they've settled down.

It's good that they've calmed down.

Back
Top Bottom