29G Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Current stock:

- Clarkii Clown
- Pink Spotted Golby
- Peppermint Shrimp
- Sand Sifting Star
- 2 small Blue Leg Hermits
- 1 Snail

I want alot of color in my tank. I already know the low down on the Clarkii being very territorial, but as of now he's a small guy and very friendly with the Golby.

I like my firefish alot for color. Umm. Depending on color your looking for cardinals are cool :) thought about adding a couple more colorful chromis? They usually do better in groups though. I thought about a royal gramma but heard they can be mean so if you do wait till last.

Here's pics of my tank!

Attachments

• image-769429259.jpg
    image-769429259.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 121
  • image-4075323541.jpg
    image-4075323541.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 121
  • image-294927699.jpg
    image-294927699.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 120
  • image-683124977.jpg
    image-683124977.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 112
  • image-1190919701.jpg
    image-1190919701.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 117
Nemo6292 said:
Here's pics of my tank!

Is that a lemon peel angel? Didn't see that on the list of fish. I think they're gorgeous with the yellow and then blue eye! If you want color there's the flame hawkfish or a white stripe Pygmy wrasse-both are red. Purple Firefish are pretty.

Yeah. I got it after I posted the list of fish. I really like it's color. I am planning on getting a Coral Beauty and Flame Angel. I like the Dwarf Angels. They are active and very attractive.

Nemo6292 said:
Yeah. I got it after I posted the list of fish. I really like it's color. I am planning on getting a Coral Beauty and Flame Angel. I like the Dwarf Angels. They are active and very attractive.

I was under the impression that Angels will fight if housed together, especially I'm a 29g. Let me know how that goes!! I have an angel and wouldn't mind another if it works out. :)

They are considered semi-aggressive fish. But LFS guy is a Marine Biologist and he says they will be fine together.

Can that many or even 1 dwarf angel be okay in a 29gal tank? Or are you transferring them once they grow?

Nemo6292 said:
They are considered semi-aggressive fish. But LFS guy is a Marine Biologist and he says they will be fine together.

Ya it MIGHT work out if they have alot of room, but in a 29 gallon tank it wont. Only 1 angel should be in that tank, why must you have two? Did the "lfs guy" give you any real reasons why it would be ok?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Ya it MIGHT work out if they have alot of room, but in a 29 gallon tank it wont. Only 1 angel should be in that tank, why must you have two? Did the "lfs guy" give you any real reasons why it would be ok?

I thought angels needed like 70 gallons. Can 1 really live in a 29?

Go with the royal gamma. I have one in my yank and it's not mean at all. Gorgeous fish. I wouldn't do the two angels.

Attachments

• image-433887203.jpg
    image-433887203.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 104
Dwarf angels are ok for a 29g. But like everything with life, they have personality. The LFS I go to keeps all his dwarf angels together. Some are more aggressive than others. But he has found that they CAN co-exist in the same tank. Although many will not get along to begin with and some will always be aggressive. It's their individual personality. He also mentioned that fish react to movement, therefore any angel may seem aggressive toward other fish, but really, it's just reacting to their movement. Some freak out if their fish chase other fish, but over time, fish develop a sense of security in the tank, therefore aggression will cease. But I am sure this is not correct in every situation. So if your fish war with each other don't get on here and say I am wrong... :) I'm just sharing the lecture I received at my LFS. I am going to see how it goes and will post what happens.

Hmmmm I always thought a dwarf angel fully grown would need a bigger tank. Does that mean I could get a flame angel for my 29gal?

Yes. They only get to be 3.5" to 4" at the max fully grown. You are thinking of big angels that need 100+ gallon tanks. You CAN get a flame angel.

So. Update: fish are doing well. I took the angel back because it was eating my corals. My shrimp got caught in filter. Corals are doing well. BUT. I've had a bad algae outbreak. Doing all water changes on time. 2x I doubled the amount of the water change to try to cut down on growth. I'm having alot of purple Coraline algae growth which is what I want. But this algae is getting on my nerves. Ive got two turbo snails but they won't stay on the rock long enough to eat it. What to do??

Attachments

• image-1585420278.jpg
    image-1585420278.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 78
It looks like its mostly the one rock. Is that the case? If so, you could take out that one rock and scrub it.

Yeah. It's just that one rock. Will that hurt any of the little critters in the rock?? Lol.

Back
Top Bottom