29g oceanic biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sterling

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everybody, Im new to the saltwater aquarium. Me and my gf just started a 29G oceanic biocube thats about two months old. I would love for someone to help me in understanding the benefits and disadvantages to have the biocube as compared to other aquariums. Is there anything that we should get for the aquarium in particular.
thanks very much for your help and concern, sterling and crystal

PS>>> many more thoughts and questions to come

I have a biocube 14 gal. With a nano ( your right on the cusp with a 29g) just make sure your right on with your levels when doing water changes as slight fluctuations are more apparent to your saltwater enviroment then larger tanks.

Hi ,
I had to make the same decision a month ago. All in one unit vs build your own set up. I found the aesthetic beauty of a all in one ( Bio Cube type tank ) for me was a huge benefit . I went with the Aquapod 24, same thing though. It has all I need which I have learned is much of nothing at all. See , all I am going to use as filter media is the live rock in the tank along with live rock rubble in the rear compartment. I will have a heater back there , but that is it. No Bio balls, no filter sponges, no noodles, no nothing. I love the simplicity of this type of set up. I am adding Koralia water movers in the tank to keep water moving around. The lights on the tank will surfice most corals but your limited with a hooded tank unless it is metal halide lighting.

the Cons: more difficult to upgrade lighting, more difficult to add sump tank for added filteration, skimmer etc. Upgrades in size means you toss the whole tank and start over, being you wont have a standard hood, lights, sump,skimmer to use on next tank.

I love your choice though, have seen some beautiful Bio Cubes, and you can fill it up with corals w/o it costing a fortune. Good luck, I'm right behind you with my wife's Aquapod, should be filling with water within 2 weeks.

thanks very much. I do find it quite convenient having the biocube as it is. Im very happy with it tho, the only problem is I already wanna go bigger and better. Plus, the fish i purchased will need a bigger tank soon, sort of the reason i got them as babies. There is for sure no room left for more fish and i have plenty of corals to begin; an open brain, two hammers, orange sponge, leather, candy cane, a small colony of star polyps and small colony of zooanthids... altho im not sure that there staar polyps. Also have a coral which i love because it floresces under the black and night lights quite brilliant: its like a hammer but the tips are white and look like flowers.

Wow, you have started with a nice selection of corals. You are making me excited about our AP24 build. It is for my wife, I can't wait until she gets her first corals in it. I was going to put it together today but the stand was damaged, so I'm waiting on a replacement , everything is ready to go other than that. You should post a picture of your tank, I would like to see how you have arranged your live rock, being it is about the same size.

Back
Top Bottom