29g Planted-starting to look snazzy :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skifflexie

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447557265.818243.jpg

Had a little bit of time to do some work on the freshwater tank.... :)
Got a new marine land advanced LED, hoping to see how well it can grow low-moderate light plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I like the spot light effect from the fixture. Looks like columns of light.
Nice greenery. What kind of substrate is in there?

It's the Carib sea black sand. I'm doing Flourish liquid dosing from sea chem and maybe root tabs if I need them. I've had the Java fern and Anubis for ever, it does great no matter what lol. Though I want to get into more challenging plants, stuff that fills out and has bright greens.

I have the Carib sea planted dirt mix in my 15g and the plants love it. (I almost did that instead of the sand in the 29, but I'm a sucker for the look of sand)

The plant below and to the right of the filter intake looks like a sword, so root tabs are appropriate.
The sand looks consistently dark. I plan to use sand one day.
What types of plants are you interested in? There are some stem plants that are low light tolerant. Bacopa species come to mind. Bright green color. I suggest reading through fish wrangler's planted tank thread; lots of detailed information on quite a transformation.

Thanks. I honestly haven't started to really look into specific plant species yet. lol I keep bouncing from my 29 salt to my 29 fresh, they are both so exciting. :)

I plan to look online this week to see if anyone has had success growing plants with the marine land light, and go from there.

I really like the sand, it's got a gorgeous shimmer, and is easier to lightly vacuum over.

Back
Top Bottom