29G reef pics.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It works great, has never failed me in the 9 months I've been running it. The acrylic is a bit thin, though. I dropped it once, and it put a 1.5" crack in the front of it. Doesn't effect it's performance, but I'm REAL careful with it now.

Thanks alot 20 20, if my plan for a new 75G fails this summer, i'll probly set up a sump/fuge for my 29G.

Hey ntswift, interesting clam u got there. Is it thriving? How long has it been in the tank? Pretty cool how u got a crocea under 130W PC

yeah its doing really well. I think it will be okay under the lights that I have. Its a really sweet clam! :) I know you can't keep a maxima under PC lights because they need really intense light. Even this one should be up at the top I just don't have room in the top of my tank to put it there. When I upgrade tanks to the 55 I'll make sure it gets to the top until it gets too big for the rock that it will be on.

ntswift, crocea is a boring clam. If u put urs on a rock, i'll bore into the rock and u won't be able to move it when it gets big 0.o. Ur clam looks like it's doing fine. I tried a max. once... got killed by my cleaner shrimp the 1st night b/c the clam was already failing from the LFS. The LFS that i got it from is a bad place but the price is cheap and they always get new stuff. I just got to keep an eye on my purchases lol.

Here is mine.

fulltank61060pd.jpg

fulltank2601068xx.jpg

carnationcoraldendronepthyaspe.jpg

coltcoralcladiellaspecies9je.jpg

fuzzygrassmushroomcoral6vr.jpg

starpolypsbriariumasbestinum5h.jpg

stripedmushroomactinodiscusspe.jpg

toadstoolcoralsarcophytonspeci.jpg

Check my info for full list.

Sorry to change the subject a bit but, 20 20, how many gph does the overflow do compared to the mag 5 because it says the overflow does 600 gph but the pump maxes out at 500 gph. How does this work for you? Thanks a bunch!

Works fine. The overflow can handle 'up to' 600 gph, less than that is fine. The problem would occur if the pump put out MORE than 600 gph, then the overflow wouldn't be able to keep up with the pump, and the sump would get drained. So, my mag 5 is well within the capabilities of the overflow.

Marc118, thats a nice tank. I'm diggin the carnation coral! How hard is that to take care of?

FishFrik- Yeah I know its a boring clam, but when it gets too big I'll put the rock on the bottom. I know maxima's dont do well underneath PC's. Well thats what I've read and what I've heard also. I really dont want to test for myself because that can get expensive! :) The clam that I have now looks really awesome. I wish I could get a picture of it from in front of it or the top, but I can't get a decent picture that way. It looks bright neon blue from the front and if you look down on it from the top it is a bright aquamarine blueish green. Really cool! I would recommend one if you can get one. I know what you mean about shops that arent the best of LFS's. I get all my corals at one like that but the key is to get them before they ever hit the tanks! He has really good deals on his corals so I can't pass them up.

Its not for the faint of heart.... I feed it daily. Here are a few more.

pict0019medium6ko.jpg

pict0009medium1yb.jpg

pict0008medium8oe.jpg

pict0006medium0vh.jpg

pict0007medium8fk.jpg

Im going to have to frag my frogspawn today or tomorrow as its getting a bit too close to my torches.

Very low lighting needs, they do like a good amount of flow. They prefer to be hung upside down under a rock. I feed it directly with a turkey baster usually twice a day. But I also dose phytoplankton into the tank in general.

I have PC lighting. Can you give me an idea of the degree of difficulty for the frogspawn and torch? Also, I notice that you have some sort of goniopora or something. Can you give me an idea how hard/easy it is to take care of it?

The torch coral is a fairly easy coral IME. It gets food from my plankton as well as bits of mysis when I feed the fish, its doing great. Same goes for the frogspawn. They are both fast growers if you keep your water quality high and stable.

Here is a great site on goniopora. http://www.goniopora.org

I have a pretty stable amount of pods in my tank and it seems to feed off them, I plan on adding more as needed. As well as concentrated plankton.

ntswift, i've read that crocea requires even more like than maxima does 0.o In fact it's the most lighting requiring species of tridacnid clam.

marc, ur growing caul. algae in ur tank? wouldn't they grow out of control and harm ur coral? you also have a flower pot. Did u know that they have a very low survival rate in captive? just trying to help :)

Back
Top Bottom