29g tb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

remy the cook

Aquarium Advice Activist
how many tiger barbs can be put into a 29 gallon? due to a mistake I made that I don't feel like going into, I lost all but 2 blood fins which I am trading in either on Monday or Wednesday. what tank mates can I give tiger barbs cause of there semi-aggressive nature?

Last edited:
Eight to ten TBs and nothing else in the middle or top of the water column. Some corys or loaches for the bottom will work. A 29g is simply not big enough to house a large group of full-sized tiger barbs. They are very active fish that need a lot of room to do their thing. I recently saw some platinum TBs that piqued my interest.

How about a 55 gallon tank, how many could I have then? What tank mates then as well? Australian rainbowfish?

Edit: I agree, 7-10TB's

How about a 55 gallon tank, how many could I have then? What tank mates then as well? Australian rainbowfish?
That depends on what you're going to keep them with. Alone, eighteen to twenty-two. If you're going to keep them with other fish, consider the adult size of that other fish and how many of them you want to keep. Only one group should be the focus of the tank. The other fish should compliment the focus group.

What species of rainbowfish do you have in mind?

David

Back
Top Bottom