29gal to 50 conversion..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I moved my 29 into my current 55 gal I used all new sand along w/ the 45 lbs. LR I already had. There was a minimal cycle- all my animals survived just fine. Replacing the sand is a good idea as that's were most of the nutrients and other nasty things tend to accumulate in SW tanks. All the fauna that's in your sand, ie. worms, pods, are also in the LR. They will quickly repopulate the new sand-except the nass. snails obviously, those will have to be manually transferred. Good luck w/ the change.

Sweet! I wanted to just make sure everything will be cool when I do the change. Its my first change over, so I'm sorry if I have a million questions! :) Thanks a lot for all the help!

Questions are great to help us all learn! I have upgraded several times. From a 10g to a 29g to a 55g to my current 150g and someday a 300g inwall or bigger!!!

LOL...I wish I could get a bigger tank but I think I need a little more experience and a lot more money!

Back
Top Bottom