2nd tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineFlake

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Plan is to get a 2nd tank up for the purpose of moving frags from my main tank to and to put some fish in. I was thinking 30 or 40G hex with a 250w MH (Maybe a nice 14k, cool blue if I can find it..) Anyway, the only concern I have is cleaning the hex tank. With my 75G, its cake, just wipe down with the ole magnet..Seems it gets a tad more complex with the hex..any opinions?

Thanks

Indeed the multiple sides of the hex would be more complex but the magnet should be fine going from panel to panel just like you can turn the 90 degree corner of a standard tank with the magnet.

Something to consiter with the hex tanks is the lower surface area that the hex shape causes. The net result is a lower stocking capacity per gal as compaired to a tank with a larger per gal surface area.

Good point. Never really considered the shape making a diff. My stock though should be low. Just a few maybe 3 fish and corals that will come out of the main tank for fragging or frags of corals. Need a good place to let em recover and start to take hold. I get so much xenia out of my main tank, I need to stop trashing it and start selling it. The LFS sells it for like 40 bucks, and its so small. I could sell it for 20 and still probably make more than they do in xenia sales! Just fragged a big ole chuck of finger leather and its doing great. Anyway, my intention is sort of a propagation tank, not so much worried about loading it down..

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom