3 pregnant guppies!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristie_denine

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 3 pregnant guppies in one tank currently. 2 of them got pregnant on the same day (March 1st) so around what time should I be expecting fry for them? The first one was bought pregnant so how far along is she? And when should I move her? Can two guppies give birth together in the same breeding tank?

What exactly is culling and how is it done? I know I probably will have to since 3 are pregnant at the same time and I don't have the space. I have prepared with a second take and other people who want to take some fry from me but I know I will have a lot.

The black/gray fish was bough pregnant. Possibly a week pregnant maybe a week and a half?

The all red tail and the red with gray just before the tail were bought together and got pregnant on the first.

See photos attached. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394598776.958549.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394598857.967319.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394598885.723593.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394598981.140571.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394598997.757013.jpg

The one with the black tail looks like she could have her drop any second now. As for the others, wait a few more days. Are they squared off? That means if you look at her in the front, does she look kind of like a box or square?

Oh, culling is killing the fish. There is a few ways it could be done. Decapation, but the most humane way is with boiling water. Just drop the deformed ones in, and it will be such a shock to them, it will kill them instantly

Wait until they are older if you want to cull them, though. A lot of the fry with die, and the ones you don't want you can give away to your local pet store, or maybe even make a profit that way.

If you need any more help, message me, or I can message you.

No problem! Good luck, and post picture when the babies come!

Back
Top Bottom