3 seasons, one day and even a rainbow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Normally this time of year we have cold weather,lots of snow and wind chills that would freeze a penquin. We started out 2 weeks ago with blizzard weather for 3 days. Yesterday, the morning was cold and blowy (winter), the middle of the day was raining (spring) and then at the end of the day we had a rainbow (summer). Temps were above freezing and in all of my life I have never seen a rainbow on Dec. 22!

ROFL, that is so true! I rather enjoy having such diverse weather. Not too many places you can experience so many different weather patterns in one day. It goes to show that weather patterns have been dramatically changed over the years.

Uncommon for Sask, but not surprising (except that rainbow...weird)...I am just a few hundred km west of you and today it was springtime-warm, and the forecast for x-mas day is 12ºC/54ºF.

The weather here changes alot, too. In the morning, the sky will be blue with no clouds, and then in the afternoon it is raining and the wind is blowing 20mph.

It's finally getting cooler, like 65 degrees, but it's better than nothing.

Toirtis said:
Uncommon for Sask, but not surprising (except that rainbow...weird)...I am just a few hundred km west of you and today it was springtime-warm, and the forecast for x-mas day is 12ºC/54ºF.
Our forcast for Christmas day is 5C.

Blazeherd2306 said:
The weather here changes alot, too.

Come to Calgary....in a single day, we can go from one extreme to another....I have seen the temperature here drop 63 full degrees in under 6 hours....and our summer highs can be as much as 108ºF, and our winter lows as much as -49ºF (schools tend to close only when we exceed -40ºF, or get more than 18" of snow overnight). Saskatchewan, where Zagz is, is generally a howling, frozen (like -30ºF), barren wasteland from November until March. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom