30 gallon nano reef build reaserch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elykreefs97

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys I'm upgrading my 10 gallon to a 30 in about 2 months. I'm doing my reasearch on corals and my fish selection. Right now I have a cony anenome he doesn't move ever I have a chocolate chip star a maroon clown and a yellowtail damsel. I wanted some info on corals and I want to keep my anenome too. My corals I would like all soft corals any suggestions and I need some good websites also with maybe cheap shipping

Can't keep the chocolate star he will eat any corals, as for fish, you can't get- Groupers, Sharks, Rays, Tangs, rabbitfish or foxface, Angels (maybe dwarfs) squirrelfish, triggers(not the best idea) but you could get any corals along with appropriate lighting, and as for fish any gobies would be fine, basslets, clowns(always good) and the anemone will be fine.

Saltwater reef said:
Can't keep the chocolate star he will eat any corals, as for fish, you can't get- Groupers, Sharks, Rays, Tangs, rabbitfish or foxface, Angels (maybe dwarfs) squirrelfish, triggers(not the best idea) but you could get any corals along with appropriate lighting, and as for fish any gobies would be fine, basslets, clowns(always good) and the anemone will be fine.

Forgot to mention puffers as a no go ;)

Puffers are not generally coral-safe and invert-safe. We all know puffers are known to eat inverts, but many reports indicate they can also chew up and/or eat coral. Use caution with a puffer + coral combo. I'd hate to lose an expensive coral. It might work for weeks, months, or years, but it can happen any time regardless if you feed adequately or not.

Back
Top Bottom