30 gallon with plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarahh

Aquarium Advice Freak
hello folks. i setup a 30 gallon with 2 amazon swords, about 9 or 10 strands i guess of red ludwigia, and a piece of driftwood with a curly fern on it. eta: i have a fluorite substrate

my question is do i need to bother with all the CO2 etc if i am going to have only these plants and 4 fish?

i am quite prepared to do so if necessary. Don't get me wrong here. I run a penguin 150 and a white light for right now, but a blue or violet in future. Will that be enough to allow the plants to breathe? should i put something else in plant or equipment wise?

The fish will be 4 jewel cichlids (hence the riverbed type appearance) and nothing else.

Cycle wise, i have had the filter running in one of the other tanks for about a month, and the driftwood has been "live" i guess for months now. i transferred both to the new tank today after dechlor-ing the water.

I put some stress zyme in the tank today to help it along too. how am i doing so far?
tia :)

Attachments

• IMG_2350.jpg
    IMG_2350.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 49
I wouldn't bother with c02. Your fish will probably make enough. To keep those plants healthy though, I recommend better lighting soon. I don't know much about Jewel Cichlids, but most cichlids will tear up plants in no time.

Back
Top Bottom