300 for $300?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joel618

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My friend told me about this deal that her friend has. I need this thread to show my lady it would be worth the money. She thinks its a 300gal and it comes with a stand, tank, pump, ect. The asking price higher but I think I can get it for around $300. What do you all think? Good deal? What could/should I put in it?

Ohh heck yeah. Just the stand alone would probably cost over $300.
And are you sure? 300 gallons or liters?
300 gallons would be truly massive.

If it really is a 300 gallon it is worth it just for the tank itself. A 300 would be 12 feet long probably. I would be sure to get some measurements before getting too excited. I went to look at a "200" gallon one day that turned out to be a 84. The volume of the tank is L x W x H/231= gallons. The dimensions are in inches.

Depends on what the equipment is and the condition its in. I suggest you do a quick google search of the filter, ect. to see if they work for a tank that big or not. Also, carefully inspect the stand for cracks. Does your friend get to see the tank with water in it so they know it holds water? Also, I suggest adding up the dimensions to make sure it actually is 300g. IME, often when the seller "thinks" its a certain volume, it ends up being less. But, if all those things check out, then I would say its a decent deal. Personally, I would try ot get them down a bit lower than $300, but if all the equipmenmt/stand is legit, then I would say its a fair price. :)

But thank you guys for the replys. Im mad I missed it. I will continue my search for a massive tank.

Sorry to hear that you missed it. Good luck on the next one. Very good advice to always get the dimensions. I once went to look at a massive 100G+ tank which was a 55.
Thread closed per your request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom