300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greg, how's the new ATS coming along?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's really too soon to tell much.

Ok, I am interested in one of those units. I will wait for your feedback after it breaks in.

The new ATS is a bright green color. It took two weeks to get broken in and now it is growing algae. Cleaning the water this way has worked for me for almost 25 years. It and a good protein skimmer works perfectly hand in hand. No chemicals, no accidental failures as a ATS is simplicity itself and can't really go haywire unless your plumbing fails.

The new ATS is a bright green color. It took two weeks to get broken in and now it is growing algae. Cleaning the water this way has worked for me for almost 25 years. It and a good protein skimmer works perfectly hand in hand. No chemicals, no accidental failures as a ATS is simplicity itself and can't really go haywire unless your plumbing fails.

Cool to hear Greg,..lm sure I'll prob end up with one sooner or later myself ,.... Take a few pics when you can

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Great to hear. My birthday is this month so it looks like I found something nice for myself. Thanks Greg.

These units are not fancy. The vinyl he uses to dress it up isn't fancy and has a few small gaps. But the LED floodlights are very bright and it's pretty easy to clean. The acrylic work is good as well. When you want one let me know as I am a dealer for them. But he sells them direct for a pretty good price. You probably want to have its own pump.

I read that too. Pretty neat.
As for the ats, the led flood lights are amazing. I use two hydroponic led lights for the ats I made and they work great...if not too bright.

Just out of curiosity ,what time frame are you to running it at ,..8 hours ,12 ? 24 ?

ATS and frag tank is12 on 12 off opposite of the reefs light cycle. Helps to keep ph from swinging as much.

Thought I would share this quick article since we've been talking so much about algae scrubbing. Here is a different take on it...but with cheato.
Pax Bellum ARID Filter review: the most ‘intense’ way to grow Chaetomorpha

Wow,.... Now that's cool ! Greg will get one first and then we'll dump our scrubbers and get one of theses when he says they're awesome :-/. It'll be interesting to see what sizes they come in and how much $$$

A few comments:

I like the general design but wonder how you tell when it's full?
It doesn't really matter what kind of algae you grow, it should work just about the same. Cleaning and monitoring are two very important aspects of the filter.

A clever person could easily build one of these. The concept is the exact same, tie up nutrients by growing green plant matter. Very compact and nicely designed IMO. But it doesn't offer me anything I don't already have with a more generic ATS.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom