30G Reef - start up to 'completion'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MurderComplication

Aquarium Advice Activist
I started this tank up there days ago after I cleaned it completely after my freshwater tank got ich from a petsmart pleco.... SO, I went to salt! Here's going to be a documentation of our journey. <3
My lovely little 30G tank.

Attachments

• salttank1.jpg
    salttank1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 175
I'll be putting in a pair of clowns and a few Chromis once it's cycled with the hermit crabs :3
The Chromis will be going in first since they're hardier.

Two days ago my friends surprised me with a yellow bellied Damsel, so he/she's enjoying swimming around the empty tank at the moment! I'll be picking up the Chromis tomorrow as well. I had a large diatom outbreak that scared me - and now it's almost cleared up. I put in an order for five hermit crabs as well to start. Do you guys think 5 will be enough - or should I add more in the future?

I've found three specimens in my live rock in the past monthish it's been set up; a snail, a flatworm (through that guy in the trash outside since it looked like one of the reef killing flatworms), and an unknown little guy. I think it might be a sea cucumber, but it's hiding half in the light, half in the live rock, so I can't really tell.

Back
Top Bottom