30g SW Reef Setup.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogspawn

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok i have all this except the light. it will be here next week. but every thing listed here i have. nothing more and nothing less. what else do i need to have to run my reef properly?

30g SW Reef Set-up,
3 maxi-jet 600's and wave system
Sunpod 150watt HQI 24hr light
bak-pac Protin-skimmer
150watt heater
36lbs Fiji LR,40lbs agronite sand
CPR refuge
25watt lifegard UV light

thanks for your time

Test kits for Ph, NH3, NO2, NO3, PO4, CA, ALK. A refractometer would be nice, as would a RO/DI unit (cha-chinge)

ok. i will buy them tomarrow. i think i got the mastr test kit from my last fowlr but its old.. do they go bad? and also i will get distilled water from local store.
in a 30g. i got the wave maker with the 3 maxi jet 600's do u think thats to much or to little. i could up grade to the 3 - 900's or even the 1200's
keep in mind my tanks only 20'L x18"w x 20"H

I would up your rock by about another 9 or 10 Lbs.

ok will do. but the LR i want is currently out of stock. its tonga branch, i have fiji in there now but wnt to mix in some branch.. and they only get a select amount every month. with my LR i have now and my reef ready Bak-pac skimmer will that be ok for about 1 month . i am not adding any coral till summer. it will give the tank a good time to muture well. i will buy some cleaner crew snails, hermits that kinda things. but no fish or coral

I think for the cycle period and a cleaning crew you will be ok until you can add rock to your system. I like tonga branch too...and it's hard to find here as well.

ok since i have cured my LR in a different aquarium and i added new sand to this tank. i am placing my LR in my aquarium today since its done all ammo.nitrites are at 0ppms and nitrates are at 20ppm and ph is a little crazy. will i see a new cycle in my new aquarium or should the LR have bacterial needed?

If you properly cured your LR then you`ll see no spike in ammonia or nitrites. If not then you`ll see one. Dont add anything like fish or inverts to your tank till you see if it test OK.

Back
Top Bottom