32g Planted (Full Work)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrice

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here is my first semi high teck aquarium. Hope you like It. Comments are welcome.

What I wanted is have a phantasy banzai tree, grass and vertically no maintenance. I added a river that actually came very useful for cleaning purposed. I am battling algae ring now, but I will add future picture of whats happening.

Here my setup, you can use it for you home fresh aquarium, and i did not find any visual representation that was useful. So i made my own. ^_^
aquarium system setup.jpg

Here my Aquarium now, it not doing well be cause of they algae, but i just started to add PPS-pro fertilizer 3 day ago. Hope the plants and moss will be able to fight they algae.
tank.jpg

Here is they algae, that real ugly thing, that can't be remove by hand.
Algea.jpg

Here are they co2 system before installation. It really, really great, compared to Home diy co2. What a hassel it was. I do have a probleme with the sensor even after calibration 3 time. The sensor test 8.4 on my tap water when it suppose to be 7.4 on 2 types of liquid test. I Never found out why.
co2 system.jpg

Here what in they aquarium
fish:
(9)Neon fish, (9)Red Cristal shrimps, (1)db pleco, (2)Otocinclus.

Equipment:
Fluvial 204, In fluvial Biomax only, diffuser sera reactor 500, 2x 39 watt with reflector, milwaukee co2 system, Substrat Flourite dark, stainless heater, micro and macro fertilizer.

I am adding picture to the list that i think you gonna like.
This one is great, red Cristal shrimps real close. Gonna get a real camera next time. but for now it ok.
shrimps.jpg

This it the tree from the beginning of the project. You can see how im holding the moss together with fish line and gutter guard.
first plant.jpg

I am adding picture to the list that i think you gonna like.
This one is great, red Cristal shrimps real close. Gonna get a real camera next time. but for now it ok.
View attachment 56015

This it the tree from the beginning of the project. You can see how im holding the moss together with fish line and gutter guard.
View attachment 56016

Looks great!!! :D Might just try that myself! (y)
The algae should go away with ferts+CO2.

Looks great!!! :D Might just try that myself! (y)
The algae should go away with ferts+CO2.

Thanks, when the grass gonna shine and grow, i think its going to be amazing. If your making one, let me know. It great to see what you try from that design.

Please let us know how long you get on the CO2 paintball tank. One of the reasons I didn't go that path was I had heard they don't last very long - so you are constantly refilling/replacing.

Looks good - should be very cool when things fill in!

Batt4Christ said:
Please let us know how long you get on the CO2 paintball tank. One of the reasons I didn't go that path was I had heard they don't last very long - so you are constantly refilling/replacing.

Looks good - should be very cool when things fill in!

I will. For now a new 20 oz full, is 980 psi, it bin a month and now it more or less 975 psi. Lol . So, i am thinking, 8 months for a 30 gallon minimum. I will let you know every months, to confirm how long it has left.

Its on at night to for more ph stability. You don't need to, but for me it's easier on my conscience.

I will. For now a new 20 oz full, is 980 ppm, it bin a month and now it more or less 975 ppm. Lol . So, i am thinking, 8 months for a 30 gallon minimum. I will let you know every months, to confirm how long it has left.

Its on at night to for more ph stability. You don't need to, but for me it's easier on my conscience.

Did you mean psi? Ppm is a measure of concentration.

The pressure of a tank is mostly a function of temperature while there is still liquid CO2 in the tank. Once you deplete the liquid phase, you'll start seeing a reduction in pressure.

PS You should get a drop checker.

aqua_chem said:
Did you mean psi? Ppm is a measure of concentration.

The pressure of a tank is mostly a function of temperature while there is still liquid CO2 in the tank. Once you deplete the liquid phase, you'll start seeing a reduction in pressure.

PS You should get a drop checker.

Sorry i fix that. It psi now.
I am told under 1000 psi it not in liquid form.
Yes i should get a drop check real Soon .

the co2 thank last 2 month, filling it cost 5$. i did play with it a lot to kill they algae. So now i am testing they longevity of a stable c02 canister. I will let you know. It suppose to be 6 month.

Thank you guys im making a new picture tonignt, its a improve version from my past mistake. I will explaine it promise.

One quick comment since it's on my mind today (new canister going in)...

I see you have your diffuser downstream of the filter (on the return side).
This is the way I had mine as well. But I am rethinking to put it on the suction side.

Considerations: Pros: longer path, more time to dissolve the gas.
Cons: Some flow restriction on the suction, might be an issue.

But I don't think the restriction is really an issue as long as the suction keeps up with the return. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

One quick comment since it's on my mind today (new canister going in)...

I see you have your diffuser downstream of the filter (on the return side).
This is the way I had mine as well. But I am rethinking to put it on the suction side.

Considerations: Pros: longer path, more time to dissolve the gas.
Cons: Some flow restriction on the suction, might be an issue.

But I don't think the restriction is really an issue as long as the suction keeps up with the return. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

diffuser = mini bubble
reactor = 100% c02 diffusion

Well, that was in my mind one day.
The thing is, if you have a diffuser, it will make bubble in your filter and that make noise and less pressure coming out. Now if you have a reactor in they in, it may work because it 100 diffused. But make sure your in 1/2 or 1/4 tube stay the same size. What i mean is, if you are 1/2 and you go to restrict it to 1/4, you loss haft you pressure.

Don't need to worry about bubble with a reactor, there no bubble coming out.

Hope its clear what i am saying.

diffuser = mini bubble
reactor = 100% c02 diffusion

Well, that was in my mind one day.
The thing is, if you have a diffuser, it will make bubble in your filter and that make noise and less pressure coming out. Now if you have a reactor in they in, it may work because it 100 diffused. But make sure your in 1/2 or 1/4 tube stay the same size. What i mean is, if you are 1/2 and you go to restrict it to 1/4, you loss haft you pressure.

Don't need to worry about bubble with a reactor, there no bubble coming out.

Hope its clear what i am saying.

Yep, thanks!

I installed it back in the canister outflow. Don't have the CO2 reconnected yet.. waiting for a few parts.

Attachments

• FilterConn.JPG
    FilterConn.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 88
Here is my new model.You can't see it but there a big hill on part of the tree.

I remove they old rock because they where deteriorating at a alarming speed.

I added new plants (they old one die for no reason). You can see that I kept the plants in a bush. The reason his, if something go wrong its easier this way to fix it. I will get them separated one day.

The hiding hole was move to a easier place for cleaning access.

All they algae was remove.

redo the tree to look more like a banzai.

They substrate was push off the glass for cleaner look.

hope you like it. i am still gonna tweak it lol. i am thinking bigger hill.

2011-11-11-19.39.12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom