33 gallon long lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catfish Lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
This tank is same length as a 55 but on 13 inches tall. I'm currently using a single T8. I have giant hygro, anubias and a amazon sword. I use flourish and flourish excel daily. I have a dual T8 also that I have as backup. Should I stick with the single or go with the dual? Would the dual be too much over the tank to where I would need pressurized co2? Plants are growing slow right now.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

This tank is same length as a 55 but on 13 inches tall. I'm currently using a single T8. I have giant hygro, anubias and a amazon sword. I use flourish and flourish excel daily. I have a dual T8 also that I have as backup. Should I stick with the single or go with the dual? Would the dual be too much over the tank to where I would need pressurized co2? Plants are growing slow right now.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Helllo!

Hrm...that is definitely an interesting tank. With only Hygro, Anubius, and an Amazon Sword (which may get too tall? But thats neither here nor there), you should be fine with the single T8. How old is the bulb? Generally, those are suppose to be replace yearly (although I never really followed that too well). If the bulb is old, you may find that the light will be much brighter once replaced. At 13 inches deep, you dont need a lot of strength in light to reach the bottom of the tank.

Have you seen what your dual fixture looks like above the tank? That may persuade you one way or another.

Helllo!

Hrm...that is definitely an interesting tank. With only Hygro, Anubius, and an Amazon Sword (which may get too tall? But thats neither here nor there), you should be fine with the single T8. How old is the bulb? Generally, those are suppose to be replace yearly (although I never really followed that too well). If the bulb is old, you may find that the light will be much brighter once replaced. At 13 inches deep, you dont need a lot of strength in light to reach the bottom of the tank.

Have you seen what your dual fixture looks like above the tank? That may persuade you one way or another.
Brand new bulb. No I haven't tried the dual fixture over it yet. Just concerned May need much more co2 if I go that route.

Back
Top Bottom