33 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rendao

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi there. Just getting going with my new tank. I am in the middle of a fishless cycle and have purchased seven medium size plants which I am very pleased with. I am running a fluval 88 CO2 system, running eight hours a day, when the T5's are on. I am wondering if I need to be adding ferts and if so am I ok with flourish. That's what I am using at the moment, half a capful a week. Any advice much appreciated.

Little picture of how it looks - hope you like......

image-1486579087.jpg

Hholly said:
Looks great! The plants might speed up the cycling process too.

Thanks. Do you know if I need to add any fertilisers?

Hholly said:
Looks great! The plants might speed up the cycling process too.

Thanks. Yes I hope the plants help.

aqua_chem said:
Or consider getting dry ferts. Might be worth it with CO2 and that light.

Also, T5NO or T5HO?

Not sure of the difference to be honest. Guessing NO is normal output and HO is high output?, if so I imagine NO.

Rendao said:
Not sure of the difference to be honest. Guessing NO is normal output and HO is high output?, if so I imagine NO.

T5 Ho are the ones we all use they are the much better ones

richpowell1989 said:
T5 Ho are the ones we all use they are the much better ones

OK thanks, that sounds interesting, in what way are they different/better please.

Thanks by the way for the comments, pretty sure that if it wasn't for this forum I would by now have a totally uncycled tank, with dying plants and a bin full of dead fish!

Top banana site!

Rendao said:
OK thanks, that sounds interesting, in what way are they different/better please.

No is normal output Ho is high output its what all the t5 bulbs made by the plant and aquatic company's use is Ho, they are higher intensity bulbs

richpowell1989 said:
No is normal output Ho is high output its what all the t5 bulbs made by the plant and aquatic company's use is Ho, they are higher intensity bulbs

OK thanks for that, I will get on it! More money.......

I recently upgraded to a over the tank lighting system with built in reflectors looks amazing I had t5 before but the one I got now is brilliant

Keep in mind this will be a constantly changing environment. Take a pictuire (6) months from now and you can see what has happened to your first photo.

Remember, some plants will do better than others and it is perfectly fine to add something new and removing something not doing as well. Also, as things grow they will use more nutirents so demand can of course change.

The best by-product of healthy plants is great water quality and very healthy fish. If your plants are doing well, the fish are slam dunk in perfect water.

Back
Top Bottom