34 Gallon ANGLER TANK!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Live aquaria has a few. Just seen today. They have an orange angler in the divers den section

Ya. I have a hard time buying online. Just because of the shipping cost.. But the black one looked good! I liked the wartskin the most

Finally got him to eat. It was a stupid process but it worked. I ended up having to drop a piece of fish on the opposite side of the tank so all the hermits and nassirus snails would not be in his face bothering him. Then I waited like 5 mins (til they were all over on the other side) and I dropped in a silverside and let it float towards him. Had to push it down once or twice but he swam up o snag it. I'm so happy! Lol I guess this will be my routine. But he needs to be in a good position in the tank to do this. Here he is all fat and happy!

I'm glad he ate. Lol, You can tell he is happy from the huge smile on his face. Those are definitely interesting looking fish, makes me want one too.

So in my angler search, I've come across a red leaf fish that's slightly smaller than my angler. I've seen small anglers and leaf fish together at my LFS, but I'm not sure if they would be ok in the tank with the rocks. I know they are venomous so my only concern is that he'd accidentally sting my little Fido. Anyone have any insite?

So in my angler search, I've come across a red leaf fish that's slightly smaller than my angler. I've seen small anglers and leaf fish together at my LFS, but I'm not sure if they would be ok in the tank with the rocks. I know they are venomous so my only concern is that he'd accidentally sting my little Fido. Anyone have any insite?

Leaf fish are pretty cool looking. The compatibility chart on live aquaria says they are compatible. That about all the help I can be.

I just got an email back from the guy who has him and he said he's been in with another angler of the same size. I figured they're ok because they are very similar. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get him. I just need to find a way to get him from Long Island to here in central jersey. I don't feel like paying to ship but I might have to.

Trying to get this leaf fish is getting annoying. Was supposed to get today but he cancelled. Said he'd drive the fish to me tomorrow but its over two hours so I honestly don't see that happening. Ugh.

Ok so the leaf fish wasn't happening so I picked up a striated angler instead. When he was bagged at the store, he was netted and when I got him in the car I watched him burp up a big air bubble. I acclimated him and put him in the tank and he swam at the top for a while but finally settled behind the rocks and was "fishing" for chromis. Now he's been up at the top swimming in place for over an hour so I'm concerned. His belly looks small so I don't think he has any air trapped in him again. I'm just worried because I don't want him to stress himself out. AND my other angler looks like he's interested though they are almost exactly the same size. Anyone ever have an angler swim for an extended period of time with no ailments?

Finally got a pic if him. He's been hiding since I got him except every night he swims at the top. So strange. But here's pics of both my little guys.

Attachments

• image-3112006988.jpg
    image-3112006988.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 146
  • image-1999801573.jpg
    image-1999801573.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 156
Thanks! Here's a good one. Well not the best quality but still really cute. Until the fat yellow one stole the little guys food.

Attachments

• image-4277419296.jpg
    image-4277419296.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 157
Now that both fish are happy and healthy and hungry, it's become a process to feed them. Lol. The striated angler will follow the empty feeding stick around the tank and nip at it even after he's been fed. I gotta distract him so I can feed the yellow angler and he won't eat off the sand so then the process starts over. I end up screaming from the sudden lunges from the striated so its pretty comical. These guys are beasts!!! But I love them.

Attachments

• image-733862134.jpg
    image-733862134.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 99
No no. Mine eat frozen silversides. Even my new guy went straight to frozen with no fuss. So it's just about buying those. :)

Back
Top Bottom