34 Gallon ANGLER TANK!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Soooo my tank is all cycled and ready now. My friend works at a fish store and got this guy in. He's 3 inches. Do you think I should get him for $40 or wait and pans like $150 on a red or a wartskin? Opinions please! Thx!

Attachments

• image-4024177788.jpg
    image-4024177788.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 212
I was happy I waited for my warty. To me it is worth the wait and they stay around 4" full grown so your tank will be perfect.

I'm going to look at him today. And I'll make my decision then. I really like the wartskins. A lot. But for some reason this guy just looks really neat to me. I honestly really wanted 2 anglers the same size, but I can't find any research that showed anything substantial if they'd be ok together. I was trying to see if anyone had personal experience of then being ok or eating each other but everything I read was just opinions.

I'd wait and get a wartskin. That yellow one looks cool but wartskins are real show stoppers and youre putting in all this effort on the tank, might as well get the nicest one...:)

Freshly cycled tank, first angler 40 bucks cool fish I would get him. I seen wart skins in the lfs two days later dead. I would put some money down on a wart skin leave him at the lfs for two weeks and see if he's ok. if mellow yellow does well I'm sure you can find away for the wart skin!

I didn't get him. I still can this weekend. He was adorable and walking around but he wouldn't eat. That makes me nervous. But truly, I really want a wartskin or a red angler so ill hold off. And yeah, tank is still new so it probably better that I wait. I'm still going to do more research on if two can be kept together. Everyone I've talked to that has work in the fish retail business says they've always kept anglers of the same size in the same tank for distribution. I just don't know how they'll do in the long run.

I just found someone online who has 4 anglers in a 75 gal. Had them for about a year with no issues. This gives me hope! Lol

It's absolutely fish in Clifton NJ. If you want, I can take a pic. Im going there later. He is about 2". They just got them in. If you want it, I can put a deposit on it and they will hold it for me.

I really think I wanna get two at once. And I was actually going to try that store Saturday it's just so far from me. If you can take a pic that would be great! But don't go through any trouble. I might head there this weekend then since they have one. Or I might just have one of the stores over here special order for me.

It's the one of the few stores I like. Some things are over priced, but they carry pretty much everything. Ill head there a little later. I'm there just about every day anyway. lol

Thank you! I just went to their website. Sounds really big. If I didn't have to drag along a toddler and an infant I'd go in a heartbeat. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom