35 gallon tall reef beginner. Please help :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a scooter and he doesnt eat algae or seaweed. He eats pods and bloodworms luckily. It took me WEEKS to get him to eat prepared foods.

Good luck!

Can I have an exact description of prepared foods? Home-made? Store bought?

I consider prepared foods either frozen, jars or homemade. prepared food is pretty much not the natural food a fish eats in the wild I guess you would say. lol It's packaged and ready to eat. Kinda like fast food for fish :-D

cool, all my fish are on frozend bloodworms to get them nice and chubby :)

Guys my clown still won't leave his rock. He eats very little and when he goes to jump on the food and eat it he spits it back up. Help :( the damsel straight ignores the clown and swims happily in the tank along with the blennie. I can't sew what could be wrong :/

Try giving him garlic dipped frozen food. Worked for mine.
Also turn off thr powerheads when u feed him

Okay all, I took the bubblers out of the display tank aswell as the powerhead I had in their. I The wet/dry outtake powerhead should be plenty enough movement. I stuck the bubblers in my sump to keep the water oxygenated
When I did this almost immediately I noticed a different Idk if he just feels more comfortable without all the noise and movement. Idk get back to me.

I turn off my flow when I feed since my fish are spazz's lol.

I wouldnt have a bubbler or anything like that running either, the only things you should have for flow are the powerheads and the filter. No bubblers in sw :-D

‪VIDEO0025‬‏ - YouTube

the blenny pops out in the bottom right corner :p

I put my bubblers in my sump to keep the water more oxygenated. < Im figuring that cant hurt it? comment on that please

appreciate it all.

Guys i need help on deciding which i should go first, an anemone for the clown, or a soft coral? Ive heard they will host anything so please help me out on this question.

newbjank said:
Guys i need help on deciding which i should go first, an anemone for the clown, or a soft coral? Ive heard they will host anything so please help me out on this question.

I would say give it a another month to settle before anything.

I had my share of anemone care, more worry than enjoyment. IMO soft corals like mushrooms, green star polyps and anthelia. But do your research before u choose to bring one home.

Thanks Heera,

Nemo's expanded a little more through-out the tank but he still seems to be "hosting" his rock, I use that word loosely.

Could I do anything to help the little clown out?

get back to me. thanks

newbjank said:
Thanks Heera,

Nemo's expanded a little more through-out the tank but he still seems to be "hosting" his rock, I use that word loosely.

Could I do anything to help the little clown out?

get back to me. thanks

I can totally relate. My memo and his dad..;)
let's rephrase, pair of my clownfish did the same thing. They always hung around the same rock in a corner. When I turned all powerheads and filters off they went swimming around. I was so jealous of other people tanks when I saw their fish swimming around having fun.

Since I have added more fish they go all over the tank. But still do most of the time there.

IMO it's like having party with 1-2 or party with lots of people :)

my maroon and yellow clown did the same exact thing..actually wouldnt even come out from behind my rocks unless feeding...that lasted for about a week. now he freely swims thru-out the tank...even snatches pieces of krill of my triggers....talk about bravery

My clowns are STILL hanging out in an upper corner of my tank. Sometimes they swim around or ride the return pump flow, but for the most part they stay to themselves. Just quirky clown behavior. lol

The action of moving down to the sump will aerate the water enough. All an air stone will do is cause salt creep and be noisy.
If it has a battery back up, keep it for power outages

Okay appreciate it all.

The clowns starting to eat normally, well kinda, he'll still spit up the bloodworms, but i have freeze dried shrimp that i flake up and feed to him. maybe he just doesnt like the taste of the bloodworms.
i geuss the blennie and the damsel dont have a problem with this :p

Everyones healthy :)

comments question and "constructive" criticism welcomed like always :)

Ill post an update vid. tommorow.
Thanks guys.
-Matt

Oh i forgot!
I forgot to thank all of the website for the help and guidance, I really dont think I would have been able to be this successful with SW keeping without you guys. My LFS is a good 40 minute drive so you guys are definitely my first line of defense for questions and concerns.
I will definitely be investing and becoming a supporter of the site. You guys should really by recognized for all the help you give us newbies :)

THANKS TO EVERYONE :)

If u don't mind Plz do get rid of the bubbler.:) There is really no need for it.
Powerheads and filters break the surface enough for air exchange.

Back
Top Bottom