35 Litre (roughly 10 US Gallon) Betta tank - Betta advice needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey I already have Hikari Algae (small) wafers for the Shrimp so thats a result..

Took loads of pics but none of them very good... all blurry so here is the best of a bad bunch :)
40393-albums1839-picture13269.jpg

I have found a place just bout an hour away who sell Pitbull Plecos (don't grow bigger than 2"), so might go down there next wkend though will keep researching into them over this week, but have read some positive stories of pitbulls in similar sized tanks.. so have to see.

You put shrimp into this tank and they will become expensive food for the betta. I have learnt this several times, putting ghost and cherry shrimp with s tiny betta it still ate them. I would shoot for the snails and the Corys

You put shrimp into this tank and they will become expensive food for the betta. I have learnt this several times, putting ghost and cherry shrimp with s tiny betta it still ate them. I would shoot for the snails and the Corys
It depends on the fish. My betta shares his 5G with shrimp.

After adding Lemmy I have still been testing the water daily and it is still at present all good Ammo 0, Trite 0 and Trate probably around 30, should be doing a waterchange tonight - the first one after getting Lemmy! who I must add has got a lot more active in the last day or so though does like to hide away for a nice rest by laying on some of the leaves of the plants. And also he is getting a lot better at feeding times and isn't hiding away as much (this did worry me as appeared he did not eat alot) but he seems to be all good now.

Oh I done a video just before the tank finished cycling when I still had Bruno.. its a bit on the long side to see the video on youtube please click here

I will make a newer shorter video once I get the Pitbulls settled in with Lemmy.

Thanks LibraryGirl Bruno was stunning, so sad to loose him he was awesome such a character.

Hopefully will make the new vid with my new fighter Lemmy in the next week or two!

My two new additions Judas & Priest (Pitbull Plecos) have settled in nicely, one is absolute crazy ands the other we hardly see. Lovely fish and seem to get on ok with "Lemmy" (Betta) and the "Motley Crue" (Ember Tetras). Tank now fully stocked and I am very happy.

My two new additions Judas & Priest (Pitbull Plecos) have settled in nicely, one is absolute crazy ands the other we hardly see. Lovely fish and seem to get on ok with "Lemmy" (Betta) and the "Motley Crue" (Ember Tetras). Tank now fully stocked and I am very happy.

Congrats again! Enjoy your fish!

Back
Top Bottom