37g Hex Ideas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blue71

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need some ideas for this tank, I was thinking some more plants and stuff but I thought I would run it by you guys here first. This tank has a long history since 1989....skip this crap her until 2009....alright, picked this leaker up on CL for $50, it is actually walnut trim, but I painted it black, same with the stand except it was a cruddy stained oak. The hood is standard, but pretty dim, and take s along time starting up (give it a break its older than I am...) everything in it was included besides the goldfish gravel and airpump. I chose a 30-60g tetra whisper air pump, and it came with a Tetra Second Nature Power Filter size C. Ahh...three days worth of work and $30 it looks like this. Plus I got countless accessories with it, including a Red Sea Deluxe FW test kit. I mainly bought it for our pond goldfish in winter, I don't have the heart to leave them outside in the Colorado cold.

img_1047973_0_4521fffa17b49fb1437491aecaa71b53.jpg

It has since cleared up, oh and I forgot to add I got a heater with it too, It sa Penn-Plax Thermo Flo "PC" cant find the wattage though.

Ha, I forgot to delete that, I must have hit the wrong button. lol.

Good job, it looks nice :).

Live plants and goldies generally don't get along, however some ppl have had success with them. That looks to be the only thing mixxing from the tank, either live or artificial plants.

i plan on fake plants, the light is way to dim to have any live.

Back
Top Bottom