38 gallon Mbuna tank... How am I doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CMS1288

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone,

My 38 gallon Aqueon glass tank with Aquaclear 70 is established and fully stocked a couple of months in. I'm loving my mbuna but I just need to know if my stocking list is ok, at least for now. I have:

2 yellow labs
1 blood red zebra
1 auratus
1 giraffe hap
2 blue zebras
1 johanni
1 fuellborni
1 orange blotch zebra
1 red zebra

Now I know this is probably way overstocked once they reach adulthood. Right now the largest are about 3 inches. I don't know the sex of any, and all were picked from an assorted mbuna tank. I also know that the hap and auratus will probably have to go at some point due to aggression.

So what should I expect to keep/get rid of as they grow? They chase each other now and then but no fighting or fins nicked... yet. They seem to be doing very well. Any advice is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Don't want to be rude but get a bigger tank asap mbuna need a minimum 55g and the hap should be the first to be re home they need an even bigger tank.

Don't want to be rude but get a bigger tank asap mbuna need a minimum 55g and the hap should be the first to be re home they need an even bigger tank.

Unfortunately I'm stuck with this for a while. The Hap will definitely be taken out at some point, and probably a few others to reduce stock. Do you think a few mbuna will be ok in there though?

Back
Top Bottom