38 Gallon Stocking Idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rilock4

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am looking for stocking ideas for my 38 gallon tank. I currently have 7 Glofish, 3 Albino Cory Catfish, and 2 Dwarf Gourami. My tank is also semi-planted. Since my tank is too small for Discus I would like other ideas on the line of Discus that would be happy in my tank. I was looking at Angelfish, but I have heard that there is a 50% chance that they might not get along with my Dwarf Gourami.

Adding a few more to your glofish and Cory schools would be really benificial to them..

I'm not sure what else to suggest besides angels. I've never heard of them not getting along with DG's, but I've also never asked. Better safe than sorry though.
What about a apisto of some sort? They aren't as tall and slender as discus, but they do have some nice coloring.

Adding a few more to your glofish and Cory schools would be really benificial to them..

I'm not sure what else to suggest besides angels. I've never heard of them not getting along with DG's, but I've also never asked. Better safe than sorry though.
What about a apisto of some sort? They aren't as tall and slender as discus, but they do have some nice coloring.

I think I have miss read the information about angels and DG. I think it was for Blue Gourami. If i do end up going the angel route about how many can I get and everyone will be happy?

Also, about how many more Glofish and corys should I get?

I would only get 2 max, but beware of what'll happen if they pair up, then you'll have WWIII all up in your tank during breeding season.
I'd also look into the DG and angel debacle a bit more, I'm hoping someone else with more experience will chime in. If angels and blues don't get along, well, how will they get along with any other gourami..

I misread your glowfish numbers last night, and the number you currently have is fine.
The cories however should be in a school of 5 minimum, 6-10+ being better.

I would only get 2 max, but beware of what'll happen if they pair up, then you'll have WWIII all up in your tank during breeding season.
I'd also look into the DG and angel debacle a bit more, I'm hoping someone else with more experience will chime in. If angels and blues don't get along, well, how will they get along with any other gourami..

I misread your glowfish numbers last night, and the number you currently have is fine.
The cories however should be in a school of 5 minimum, 6-10+ being better.

Thanks for the help.
Everything I've read about dg and angels is so confusing as one source says don't do it and another says they will be fine. While others say it just depends on your gourami breed as some are aggressive and others aren't I know they say dg are territorial, but mine like to go in a castle I have and when one of my corys goes in there too scrounge for food my dg's will come out and go to the other side of the tank. I just put them in there this weekend, so I will see if there is an attitude change as time goes on.

Back
Top Bottom