3ft or 4ft...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shetland James

Aquarium Advice Freak
Right now I have 4 tanks running, 1 is a creche and 1 is daphnia so ignore them.

The 2 that I have are essentially 14 gal each but I want something bigger. I just tonight acquired a 30gal tank (for free!).

Now, I've been speaking to my LFS owner trying to do a swap.

Should I swap all 3 tanks for a 4ft tank? I want a bigger one than 3ft but I was just wondering what y'all thought of this deal? I'm looking to condense down and keep Silver Dollars, hence the desire for a bigger tank.

I presume that 36"x12"x15" (LWH) is too small for SD's?

I would most definitely do the trade and yes a 3 ft tank is to small for silver dollars. I had a 3 ft tank and wanted bigger fish and I think whatever tank u have you will always want a bigger 1 hope this helps

What are the rest of the dimensions on the tank? I'd take a 40B (36"x18"x12") over a 55g (48"x18"x12") any day of the week. Now a 75g is a different story. That extra 6" of width makes a big difference.

I think I'd hold onto the tanks and save my pennies towards a bigger tank. That might just be my bad case of MTS talking though.

Back
Top Bottom