3G Nano Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a porcelain, and he chills in the star polyps and filter feeds. As for the zoas they are newer to this tank they came from my brothers with a puffer who's was picking at them. So I am trying to get the healthy again, they seem to be getting better

The rockscape looks fantastic!! As suggestdd before i would upgrade teh lighting I have seen on the interwebz some people doing an LED retro on your little tank that looks way nice...

Just a suggestion.

I'm not totally sure what type of mushroom it is because it was miss labeled as a $5 green mushroom at the fish store. So when I saw that I sniped it. There mistake, my gain. The sexy shrimp is very cool I'm thinking about getting another because they are perfect for the nano

Jnam said:
The rockscape looks fantastic!! As suggestdd before i would upgrade teh lighting I have seen on the interwebz some people doing an LED retro on your little tank that looks way nice...

Just a suggestion.

The tank came with a LED light but I didn't think it was enough. So I switched to this compact 50/50. Everything seems to be thriving

i think so too, however, those spotlights are just that- a direct and focused beam. they aren't like halides or power compacts with a wide spread.
i never ran one on a tank, but i was told they were for targeting a certain coral, rather than lighting a 3 gallon area.

Thanks for the link iDream, but thats a little too much for what I want to spend on a light for this tank right now. (it costs more than I spent on the entire tank) This tank is really just some thing to do till I get my 120 up. I am in the middle of buying a new house right now so I need all the cash I can get. I don't plan on add too much more to this tank besides one or 2 more shrimp and a mushroom. But in a few years those lights are something I would look in to.

yeah i kinda figured they were pricey, thats more for the people that would spend the same amount of money on a 25G as a 125G because they love the nano!

i think so too, however, those spotlights are just that- a direct and focused beam. they aren't like halides or power compacts with a wide spread.
i never ran one on a tank, but i was told they were for targeting a certain coral, rather than lighting a 3 gallon area.

you may be right, but over on nano-reef they use them for full on lights, or say about 5 for a 20long, never really kept up on them and see how they perform in the long run, but with a tank his size i dont see why having it just high enough to spread it out and keep its power couldnt work. but i am still trying to learn this lighting game

I used the evil par38 on my 3 gallon pico for a while it actually works very well because of the optics. The spread covers about a 2ftx 2ft area with a nice blending. That was with the light about 12" above the water. IF you put it too close than indeed their is a spotlight effect.

The 10W coralife bulbs are ok for softies but you will be very limited in coral selection.

I used the evil par38 on my 3 gallon pico for a while it actually works very well because of the optics. The spread covers about a 2ftx 2ft area with a nice blending. That was with the light about 12" above the water. IF you put it too close than indeed their is a spotlight effect.
that's cool! were you able to get PAR numbers? how about the corals? what did you have under it?

Back
Top Bottom