4 Dennison barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

demo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 4 Dennison barbs ,1 Rafael cat and two Plecos with fin rot from neglect on my part.
There in a 125 with 8.4 pH ,0 nitrates 0 amonia , kh 13 and gh is off the chart.My test kit is old and doesn't have a nitrite test in it.
I want a school of these barbs and some other fish too.I was hoping the Plecos fins would improve in this new tank with proper maintenance . The bigger one is so so but the smaller one is still stumpy
Should I treat the Plecos?With what ? Melafix , Primafix,both?Should I just add salt?what salt ?how much?
Allso if I may , should I keep building my school or add other fish first then more barbs?

Thank you

I would build your school to 9 to 12 denisons. Then get some bottom feeders like cory cats. Maybe 10 to 15 corys. Then add a centerpiece fish.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

K mny thank you for the reply,
I don't do well with Corey cats ,it's sad there cool little fish though .
I was thinking another school of tetras ,danios or rasberas . I need to take notes when I research . I forget which ones might work with my hard water.
I've never really had a community tank,all ways had cichlids and Plecos

Back
Top Bottom