4 hour drive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bag them if they are small, if they are big then just put them all into a large rolling ice chest filled halfway with water. Add a battery powered air pump for good measure, they are found in the fishing section of walmart.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a bag half-filled with air will last around 16 hours and oxygen will last 48 hours. Just keep them in a uncooled cooler box to prevent big temperature fluctuation.

Thanks. I killed a few fish on a 50 minute drive. They were in a covered bucked. The bucket wasn't completely sealed but the only opening was the little spout on the lid. It was obviously lack of oxygen that killed them...was over 20 fish in the bucket.

epiphysis said:
Sorry about your fish.

Just giving the info I got. Both my bristlenoses survived and hour drive in 1 bag and both still doing very fine.

That makes sense. My fish weren't housed correctly for the drive...I should have had the top open or a larger containers that I could fit the fish, comfortably, with less water.

I deliberately sealed the top to keep water from sloshing out. Had there been less fish all would have been fine but 25 fish depleted the oxygen too fast.

Larger, insulated, container (I think) is the recipe.

Back
Top Bottom