40 Gallon Breeder or 55 Gal for African's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticAl

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have my 40 gallon breeder up and running with about 13 peacocks and several mbuna ( all fish are currently 3" or less). Though things are going well, today via craig's list I got for FREE a 55 gallon with stand, lights, hood, heaters, and more filters than I know what to do with.
My questions is ,for the fish I have is a 55 gallon much better than my 40 gallon breeder? My 40 gall breeder fist perfect in my room and the 55 gallon would be a bit cramped but if it were much better for my fish and allowed me to do add more I would upgrade to the 55 otherwise I plan to sell the 55 set up and use the money for more fish\ accessories for my 40 gallon.
Thoughts\ suggestions on what you guys recommend would be awesome.

Thanks for the feedback guys. As I mentioned my 40 gallon just so happens to fit PERFECTLY into a wall in my room and if I switched to the 55 gallon due to my lack of space it could look pretty gawdy. I realize that the length of the 55 gallon makes it more ideal but I guess what I am really wondering is is that much better of a difference?? Also on a side note, if i do end up selling it, what do you guys think is a good price to get for it? All included is the tank,stand,lid,lights,and two really good heaters.

If you just had some yellow labs, rustys, smaller, less active fish like that, I'd say keep the 40. But, that extra foot really does make a big difference. They'll be ok in a 40b, but they really don't belong there IMO.

If you sell the 40b, I'd say $60-75 would be about right. $75 being on the high side.

I am in agreement as well, my only mbuna are yellows labs and a rustie all others are peacocks. Just to clarify I was talking about the price or selling the 55 set up

Back
Top Bottom