40 gallon hood???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jinmon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Argh, I say again.

So the 40 gallon regular tank and stand combo I bought at the bargain price of $150 new at the store is turning out to be a royal pain. ;) It came with a single bulb light strip and a glass cover. I have six cats, approximately four of whom weigh 18-22 pounds. Each. I'm thinking the glass is not going to cut it.

Now, I can buy a canopy for this bugger at about $120, but I'd really just like a nice full hood in sturdy plastic of some sort, or a lightweight wood canopy that's actually easy to open. Does anyone know of something that will work? It looks like the 36" AllGlass canopy (which isn't well-reviewed, from what I can find) is too darn narrow for my tank, and it doesn't seem like a 40R is a popular tank size... I need some help! I'm open to simple DIY projects too, but I don't want to get too complicated as we're in a condo and have to borrow a friend's garage for any woodworking, etc.

Argh, and I thought I was prepared!!! :)

DIY all the way. It will be more work, but cost way less and be more satisfying. There are numerous topics in the DIY section where members have built their own. I would look there for inspiration. Actually, that's what I did!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom