40b or 55?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-man02

Aquarium Advice Freak
for my juvy mbuna in my 29 what are the pros and cons of both a 40b or a 55g for upgrading thank you for the help

Well, for long term, 55 is going to be the best bet... since mbuna need at least a 4' tank. If it's just for juvies, then a 40 breeder would be my vote. I guess it really depends on what you're looking to do with it.

I can't say about your fish selection, so maybe try google. I will say that I love the dimensions of the 40b over the 55g that you see at most shops. Of course the ultimate tank for me would be the 75E tank by Aqueon (wide base, short height like the 40b), just can't find it for a $1 per gallon like the 40b & 55g at Petco.

For juvies it's really up to you, if there's a chance they'll be stuck in there then a 55g. I personally hate 55g with it's dimensions, may as well step up to a 75g.

The biggest tank my parents will allow is a 55 but i plan on getting both in a couple of years

Back
Top Bottom