40g Breeder stocking list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bedroomtanks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone! I've been a lurker for a while and I've finally had the opportunity to ask. I recently acquired a 40g breeder and I wanted to see if yall had any tweaks or suggestions for the stocking list.

7x Albino Cories
1x Bristlenose Pleco
1x Banjo Catfish
2x Angelfish

I really want a schooling fish but I know that angelfish have a tendency to eat. Still, I was wondering if a school of 10 Harlequin Rasbora would be acceptable?

I plan to plant the tank heavily with plenty of driftwood for the BN Pleco.

I have mostly been keeping SW and little 10g betta tanks so this dive into a community tank is quite exciting. Thank you in advance! :)

If you could get a full bodied type of schooling fish you'll be fine. Also, if the angels are small juvies now and they grow up around your schooling fish you more than likely will be ok from my experience. I've kept neons with Angels before, not saying it'll be the same for you though.

Hello Everyone! I've been a lurker for a while and I've finally had the opportunity to ask. I recently acquired a 40g breeder and I wanted to see if yall had any tweaks or suggestions for the stocking list.

I'm not familiar with banjo cats, but that looks like a reasonable start. You just need to take care that the schooling fish aren't so small that the angels see them as a buffet. I've known people who've kept angels with rasbora hets before with no problem: King Fisher's suggestion to start with small angels is a good one. A 40B is good for a school of larger tetras, such as bleeding hearts, too.

Good luck, and be sure to post some pics! :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom