40g cichlid tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lamby

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi every one so straight to the point I have a 150ltr (40g) tank i was going to use as my first marine tank but cant realy be bothered with that at this point and time. So I have decided to turn
it into a cichlid tank il post pics throught my build.

the tank i also have a 200w heater but im not sure if this will suit a 150ltr(40g) tank

Attachments

• image-3836666134.jpg
    image-3836666134.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 289
looking good(y)...will follow you through your build...I am doing the same (specifically African Cichlids) with a 40B....

i will post any pics and ideas as i go should b a great looking tank

so iv got an idea i just want to see what uses all think so my rock feature im going to try and replicate a group of islands from around asia and spain im currently trying to find a picture to work from

somthing like the first or second

Attachments

• image-1939801208.jpg
    image-1939801208.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 253
  • image-2953007099.jpg
    image-2953007099.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 228
  • image-1343504528.jpg
    image-1343504528.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 219
so tomoro im going to go get my substrate just using good old play pen sand easy to clean and looks realy nice

lamby said:
so tomoro im going to go get my substrate just using good old play pen sand easy to clean and looks realy nice

Best of luck.... Make sure you wash and wash and wash some more.

yeah i have a good method for cleaning play pen sand hose and a realy big bucket XD

so today im gonna purchase some play pen sand im going to do a preclean on it tonight as itll be a month befor i set up the tank and might see what slate or nice looking rockery they have in stock good old bunnings wear house always have products for diy

so i went out yesterday for to pick up the sand ended up buying a new hang on back filter for my small tank and ordering an 800lph external cannister filter

cheers got a small convict today looks great

how many cichlids would people recomed for it to be medium stocked tank was thinking 10-15

so JAWS isnt going in to 40g guys to aggresive to be with other fish guys gonna be all alone might get a BN or 2 for him to chill with

so iv been told my filter has arrived 800lph should be able to run this tank and my medium tank with no problems now the fun of being a plummers son kicks in XD

Back
Top Bottom