40G QT setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

you&me

Aquarium Advice Regular
1. since my fish has ick Iam looking in to setup bigger qt tank but only tank that I have laft is My Old Reptiles tank it say do not fill with water so Iam thinking puting more silicon aquarium use put it around the tank is it o,k to do this or NO"

2. If it is o,k to use the reptiles tank for saltwater QT
is it the qt tank has to be cycle first or can I just put copper in when my tank is setup?

That tank will probably not hold water. It was not designed for that purpose. Get a QT tank, a 10 gal tank doesn't cost much.

You may want to reconsider the copper and treat with
Hyposalinity

cmor1701d said:
That tank will probably not hold water. It was not designed for that purpose. Get a QT tank, a 10 gal tank doesn't cost much.

You may want to reconsider the copper and treat with
Hyposalinity

I already have two 10G QT I need Litte bigger tank for My hippo, longnose B'fly, coral beauty, and two P clown

will it's too late anyway I already setup with water.
I don't think My hippo is going to make it :cry: :cry: :cry:
he have white spot AND spyder strip all over his body and eyes
oh his in 10g QT :cry: :cry: :cry:

If its set up and holding water....go for it. Get them in there and start a treatment with Cupramine (if your LFS has it).
Leave the display void of fish for 6 weeks and you should be golden.
What type of filter do you have on the 40?

quarryshark said:
If its set up and holding water....go for it. Get them in there and start a treatment with Cupramine (if your LFS has it).
Leave the display void of fish for 6 weeks and you should be golden.
What type of filter do you have on the 40?

Millennium wetdry

My hippo Just died the strange thing is the yellow tang was looking out for the hippo, rubbing it with it's fins, protecting it with it's body, trying to wake him up for over an hour. Even now as I type the yellow tang is trying to wake him up My husbend who has naver been interested in any of my fish, now understands that they have personalites. We are shareing the sad moment together. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
We want to move the hippo out of the QT but it is very hard to do. The yellow tang is still around the hippo and would not leave the site
:cry: :cry: My husbend wants me to move the fish out of the tank but right now I just can't do it maybe tomorry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
this is so sad in my heart :cry: :cry: :cry: but I will make sure that I will have other hippo for my yellow tang :cry: :cry: :cry:

If it's holding water you should be ok. Start treating right away as Quarryshark said.

Get the dead fish out of QT tank. It will start to decompose causing an ammonia spike.

Get the dead fish out of QT tank. It will start to decompose causing an ammonia spike.
Agree, I know its tough, but its not good for the surviving fish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom