40g stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwh0818

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a 40g tank (36Lx24Hx12W) and I already have 4 Molly's, 6 neon tetras, 8 ghost shrimp and a whole bunch of Mrs. My question is mainly, can I put African dwarf frogs in it and will they eat my shrimp

I was advised to not keep adf's with fish. I know some people do it just fine though. I posted a question like this in the amphibian section and was told it wasn't a good idea to keep them together because the frogs get out-competed for food, and sometimes fish get aggressive with them. Mollies especially are ravenous eaters, so I think it would be very hard to feed the frog enough. I am not an expert though, just relaying the info I got.

I agree the mollies would out compete the frog s for food. I have ottos with mine and soon feather fin rainbows, the rainbows will be to small to eat the frogs blood worms. I think it just depends on the type of fish you keep with them.

Also they are fine with shrimp, mine are to slow to catch one of my RCS. They may get a shrimplet every so often, but over all I wouldn't be worried.

Mogurako said:
I agree the mollies would out compete the frog s for food. I have ottos with mine and soon feather fin rainbows, the rainbows will be to small to eat the frogs blood worms. I think it just depends on the type of fish you keep with them.

Also they are fine with shrimp, mine are to slow to catch one of my RCS. They may get a shrimplet every so often, but over all I wouldn't be worried.

Okay thanks, so maybe I could put some in an rcs breeding tank heavily planted

Back
Top Bottom