42 More Reasons to get my RO Unit Functional

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amahler

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've got to get my booster pump and get my RO online soon. This is getting tiring. :)

- Aaron

Attachments

• photo_060205_002.jpg
    photo_060205_002.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 86
Oh wow! :lol:

I can relate a little -- I go to the grocery store every few weeks for 10 gallons from their RO machine! My husband likes to operate the machine :lol: so I don't have to do any work :razz: How long does that cart last for your tank?

Well, I've been doing larger than normal water changes for a while in the process of moving from BioBalls to all LR - 20 gallons or so per week. So picture half that amount in the cart and I've been doing it weekly. Irritating.

I'm setting up two 20 gallon QT systems right now, so this will cover those.

I have an RO unit, but my water pressure is crap at the moment and the production rate is hideous. I'll probably hook it up, though, and get it rolling so I can start getting the water I'll need for these QT tanks. I've got to go ahead and get a booster pump, though, so I can speed it up.

I consider these trips temporary, but I've been doing them longer than I had anticipated. :)

- Aaron

A follow up question:

For normal aquarium use, can you use just a RO unit, or do you need the DI as well? What advantages flow from having the deionizer?

Filling up the tank this weekend, so your advice would be very helpful and timely. :D

Thanks
David

Thanks Aaron,

Lesson here: If you have a question, make sure you check the plethora of articles first... because someone has probably answered it 10 times over... dummy. :roll:

As usual, this site rocks. :smilecolros:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom