43 platy babies!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angloe1

Aquarium Advice Regular
My female platy Millie had her fry yesterday and this morning when I counted I got 43 babies!!! That's a heck of a lot of fry! They are so cute but definitely too many for my tank. Anyone sell to pet stores successfully? I don't have the heart to let them swim with the grown ups and get eaten but I might have to!! :confused:

Yeah thats alot of fry, a couple months that'll be alot of fishies in their. :)

My female platy Millie had her fry yesterday and this morning when I counted I got 43 babies!!! That's a heck of a lot of fry! They are so cute but definitely too many for my tank. Anyone sell to pet stores successfully? I don't have the heart to let them swim with the grown ups and get eaten but I might have to!! :confused:

Most local fish stores will take them but chain stores like PETCO and PETSMART will not, as that is what has happened to me.

If you are anywhere near Chilliwack, Petcetra and animal house will take them.

angloe1 said:
I'm an hour outside Prince George and they have a Petland and a Total Pet so I don't know what my chances will be with them! I'll have to call and see!

If you don't have luck with them you can always try posting them on craigslist. I have also seen people sell all kinds of fish and aquarium equipment on aquabid.com

so I guess you'll be purchasing a larger tank for all 43 of them to grow up in until their old enough to go to the lfs?? :hide: LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom