45 Gallon cube, need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucas82

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have three freshwater tanks and I'm looking to add a fourth but this time I want to do a marine tank. I'm going to be purchasing a 45 gallon cube aquarium and would like to get some ideas and pick all the experts brains on this forum so I can do this right from the beginning. I want some cool colorful oceanic fish, along with maybe some other marine life (coral, annomies, or something). If anyone has some suggestions on fish that could work for this size aquarium it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Hi there!

Here are some ideas: Ocellaris Clownfish, Percula Clownfish, Bangaii Cardinalfish, Firefish........

As for the anemone, many require high light and an established tank, so keep that in mind. :)

Thanks, I looked up those fish. The two different clownfish were the two coolest to me. I figured lighting and environment would be a little more temperamental for a marine tank so thanks for letting me know about the anemone (spelled it right this time, lol).

Thanks, I looked up those fish. The two different clownfish were the two coolest to me. I figured lighting and environment would be a little more temperamental for a marine tank so thanks for letting me know about the anemone (spelled it right this time, lol).

There are also "designer" types of these Clownfish that also look fantastic!

I like those as well. Thanks, this is helping me envision what could be in the tank. Any aggression issues I should be aware of with marine fish? I guess a good example are Freshwater Cichlids, they are mean and beat up their tank mates. Trying to avoid an aggressive tank, I prefer tranquility

I like those as well. Thanks, this is helping me envision what could be in the tank. Any aggression issues I should be aware of with marine fish? I guess a good example are Freshwater Cichlids, they are mean and beat up their tank mates. Trying to avoid an aggressive tank, I prefer tranquility

I would say that aggression varies. Many marine fish don't do too well with conspecifics unless they are a mated pair, for example.

Back
Top Bottom