45 gallon with Angelfish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TotallyCoral said:
Haha, good luck. It's always cool up here in Washington... lol

Not in Ohio:(. It's either 20 below or 105, all depending on the day...

Hey, there should be no issue keeping angels, mollies, and cories in the tank. As long as you put in plants and stuff for them to hide in, a small school of tetras should be ok IMO. I have never had an issue keeping snails in my angel community. Honestly, I think the shrimp would get eaten though. Up to you, but angels are predatory toward most anything that fits in their mouth.

Hey, there should be no issue keeping angels, mollies, and cories in the tank. As long as you put in plants and stuff for them to hide in, a small school of tetras should be ok IMO. I have never had an issue keeping snails in my angel community. Honestly, I think the shrimp would get eaten though. Up to you, but angels are predatory toward most anything that fits in their mouth.

Since you seem to have angels and know a bunch about them, would having a school of red minor tetras, like 7, having 7 or 8 silverhatchet fish, and a school of 7 panda tetras along with the 2 angelfish, 7 corydoras, and 5 snails work? Would the angelfish terrorize the rest of the fish?

Corys do great with angels. They ignore each other since corys are bottom dwellers. I have never kept hatchets, but I have heard they do ok. I have never had panda tetras before. Snails are fine. Personally, I avoid red minors because I have hear they can be a bit aggressive to tank mates and they are know fin nippers. I own one (came in with a second hand tank. I'm trying to get rid of him cuz I don't have room for a school), but its hard to judge the full behavior when he isn't in a school.

Thank you a ton!!! I will take all of this information into mind when selecting fish! If we don't get the minor red tetras what would you suggest?

Personally, I think rummy nose tetras look awesome, but I have heard that they can take a while to acclimate. Flossie just bought a school and has been frustraed with them. I keep platies with my angels. They don't school, but they come in awesome colors, are hardy, cheap, and do not bother the angels.

absolutangel04 said:
Personally, I think rummy nose tetras look awesome, but I have heard that they can take a while to acclimate. Flossie just bought a school and has been frustraed with them. I keep platies with my angels. They don't school, but they come in awesome colors, are hardy, cheap, and do not bother the angels.

Thanks for the info! I'll look into the rummynoses:)

absolutangel04 said:
Lol, not in SE WA. It gets HOT here!

Hahaha, true that. I was referring to Seattle... It's actually quite nice now.

Anyways, I agree. Cories are actually recommended with angelfish. Plus I think the combination would look awesome. I'm planning on doing that as well in my 46.

While the angels are juveniles they should be fine, but adult angelfish get fairly large and full grown will make a nice meal of your mollies. I would also be concerned in the long run if you get more than one angel that if you get a pair, angelfish can be extremely protective of their spawn and will behave accordingly. Consider getting only one angel if you don't wish to breed them, otherwise things can get very complicated down the line.

absolutangel04 said:

They are beautiful no doubt but very frustrating!!! It's been 2 weeks... Still hiding and terrified of me! Lol u may could add them later to an established tank with lots of hiding!! Haha !!

Please post pics/vids when u are done :) I would like to see

Flossie said:
They are beautiful no doubt but very frustrating!!! It's been 2 weeks... Still hiding and terrified of me! Lol u may could add them later to an established tank with lots of hiding!! Haha !!

Please post pics/vids when u are done :) I would like to see

I will defiantly post pictures when its done. Thanks for the info on the rummys:). We will add the rummys after a while then, and it's going to be planted(ish)!

AquaKai said:
I will defiantly post pictures when its done. Thanks for the info on the rummys:). We will add the rummys after a while then, and it's going to be planted(ish)!

Sounds like it's going to be beautiful. Also if/when u buy rummys make sure they are TANK raise and not wild caught bc they are sensitive... The wild ones die easy. Also be sure and ask the LFS how long they have been there bc it takes them so long to adjust to new places.. If the LFS Just got them and sales them before even 2 wks I would advise against it ...

Can't wait for pics :)

Thanks again for the information! Also we're getting the tank tonight! I will ask the lfs when I go there next if they got the rummys tank raised.

AquaKai said:
Thanks again for the information! Also we're getting the tank tonight! I will ask the lfs when I go there next if they got the rummys tank raised.

Yay so exciting:) yw! Let me know! Hope it works out for u bc they are beautiful

Eek here it is! It came with more than I thought it would! It really needs some cleaning and such but that's fine with me;)

Attachments

• image-2204069357.jpg
    image-2204069357.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 93
Flossie said:
Yay!!! That's so exciting!! Nice legs btw... Hahaha jkjk

Yeah well thanks, I guess! Ones mine and the other pair are my sisters. My mom wasn't too happy about the size but my dad was and I am too! I just need to put a lot of elbow grease into it and have my dad finish her room then it's all easy from there, besides the waiting of course!

AquaKai said:
Yeah well thanks, I guess! Ones mine and the other pair are my sisters. My mom wasn't too happy about the size but my dad was and I am too! I just need to put a lot of elbow grease into it and have my dad finish her room then it's all easy from there, besides the waiting of course!

Lol I was just teasing u :) I'm sure it's going to look amazing! I bet y'all are so excited!!! I'm browsing CL right now.. If I only had the money .... Ugh

Back
Top Bottom