45G Bowfront Final Stock!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheLadySmoke

Aquarium Advice Regular
9 - Serpae Tetra
3 - Molly
4 - Yoyo Loach
1 - Bristlenose Pleco
1 - Albino Paradise Fish

I saw the albino paradise fish at the fish store for the first time ever today! Very excited about it, gorgeous fish. Anyone have any experience with paradise fish? From the research I've done and the info from the store they should be able to stand their ground with nippy tetra! Planning on picking up my paradise fish and completing my stock tomorrow :) (as long as there are no big issues you guys see, that I don't know about!). Thanks!

H tere! From my reserch, paradise fish are aggressive. But seeing how long their fins are they could get nipped by the tetras. This could be right or not, just what ive found. If others disagree, then you could also get 8 silver tip tetras as they are similar in behavior to serape and are gourgous

H tere! From my reserch, paradise fish are aggressive. But seeing how long their fins are they could get nipped by the tetras. This could be right or not, just what ive found. If others disagree, then you could also get 8 silver tip tetras as they are similar in behavior to serape and are gourgous

As far as I can see the only issue would be possible nipping. However if they are in a large school they might be fine. If you wantt to go the safer way lemon tetras would work and ime are a lot less nippy than the serpas.

She already has the saerpes. So I thin silver tips would be equally aggressive. Also, Mabye skunk loaches for the bottom as they can hold their own.. Still worried about the paradise, it may not be suitable with te nippy tetras

She already has the saerpes. So I thin silver tips would be equally aggressive. Also, Mabye skunk loaches for the bottom as they can hold their own.. Still worried about the paradise, it may not be suitable with te nippy tetras

So sorry about that I can't read sometimes. I say try it if it doesn't work out you can always give back the paradise or the tetras.

Thanks for the replies!

My Serpae have been pretty good so far, they only show interest in a new fish for the first hour or so.. I'm hoping that because the paradise fish is aggressive that if the Serpae decide to nip its fins because they are a bit longer and flowy than anything else in my tank, that he'll nip them back and that would end it lol.

I'm glad there aren't any big red flags besides nipping! I have a good feeling it will work, my Serpae have been well behaved so far! If not, I can always return him :) :)

Unfortunately, the Serpae are nipping on the paradise fish, pretty hard too. :( I was hoping it would work out! I separated them this morning and am going to trade in the 9 Serpae for something else.

Maybe 6 harlequin Rasbora and a couple male guppies? What do you think about guppies and paradise fish? Paradise will probably nip the guppy tails? She/he has been very docile so far, she flared up at my male Molly a couple times but never chased or nipped! I am surprised that the paradise fish hasn't tried nipping the Serpae back, I assumed she would. She just swims away from them.

If no to the guppies (which as I'm typing this I think that will be the answer lol) should I do two smaller schools? Rasbora and something? 6 of each? Any ideas?

Thanks!! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom