46 Gallon bow front setup. What do you guys think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love your tank. The driftwood looks ridiculously nice as a centerpiece! Looking at this makes me want to redo my whole aquascape haha. Can't wait for the background to go up. Keep the pics coming!

Love your tank. The driftwood looks ridiculously nice as a centerpiece! Looking at this makes me want to redo my whole aquascape haha. Can't wait for the background to go up. Keep the pics coming!

Agreed. Now i want to redo my tank hahahha

Question, my lfs sells "aquatic wood" but it is in a bin and it's dry if I buy this would I need to do anything to it before I would put it in the tank. Also what would the affects be on the ph if any.

BlaseMrNiceguy said:
Question, my lfs sells "aquatic wood" but it is in a bin and it's dry if I buy this would I need to do anything to it before I would put it in the tank. Also what would the affects be on the ph if any.

When you buy drift wood or rock from the lfs, you should boil them before they go into your tank. If you are not able to boil them, you can also try soaking them in a bucket of hot water for several days, while changing the water a few times a day. You should also be careful when adding dw or rock into an already established tank. You shouldn't add too much at once, add only a piece or two into the tank weekly. Im not sure about the ph, but if you are not careful, you can introduce diseases and other harmful things and bacteria into the tank.

Thanks a lot already put a bunch of rocks in there I soaked them for a few hours before I added them but I also added prime in when I put them in but I'm fishless cycling and they have been in for a couple weeks now not adding fish for another week or two so I'm assuming I should be fine but will certainly do the boiling water. That few hours I had hot hot water running over the rocks constantly

Back
Top Bottom