4ft (286L) 'Planted' tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alasse

Aquarium Advice Freak
Tank setup on: 19th Dec 2013
Filtration: SunSun canister
Heater: 300W
Lighting: 3x 4ft T5s
Substrate: Plain black gravel
Wood: Eucalyptus & natives
Future Stock: Angels, BGK and not sure what else at this stage

Tank is getting a few inhabitants tomorrow, so i did a full test on it to make sure its still good, as its been left fishless for around 10 days now, and the canister was turned off for around 5 weeks or so, before being pulled down and washed in town water (it was feral lol)

So results are

PH: 7.4 - 7.6
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 5

Very happy with that!

I have decided to pull the UGF and change the substrate to sand. The tank is quite dark, so using the sand to lighten it up a bit. New pic to come once i get to changing it

Most of the plants are fake so they cant do much to them :) The anubias they dont tend to touch, the peacock moss i dont expect to make it lol

Nice tank and fish! I wouldnt add any more goldfish. Your at the tanks limit and a little over. Goldfish wont eat plants if you feed them a good veggie based diet by the way!

Thank you

Tank can hold one more....20 gal for the 1st and 10gal for every one after. So is is actually 5 gal under. So i can add 1 more it will just require a bit more in the way of water changes :)

Tis all good

Mine get a veggie based diet, and while they leave most plants alone, they will still have a go at certain ones

Back
Top Bottom