4g Aqueon Evolve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeremy S.

Aquarium Advice Freak
I posted up this tank back when I first got it, but it's been a while. The tank has cycled finally and I put a button polyp colony in and a Zoanthid colony in. Along with the button polyps came 3 Majano anemones...well call me crazy but I'm kind of interested to see how these Majano do. They've been very interactive. I've fed them live guppies and they just seem interesting. I may remove them though and get a Rock Anemone.

Attachments

• image-1229528634.jpg
    image-1229528634.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 205
  • image-2752330702.jpg
    image-2752330702.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 206
Anyone ever thought about trying a nano Majano anemone tank? I use to have a Mantis shrimp nano tank and a species specific tank for Majano anemones seems cool and different.

Well my 12" Coralife t5 setup just burnt out after maybe 2 months of use...

Cool setup. The mantis shrimp would be cool, and if you like the look of those pest(?) anemones then go for it. If you were to do that, some cool red macroalgaes would add some color.

I got 3-4 on some of my life rock so far in my pico tank but I think they're really pretty and they haven't hurt any thing so I left them in.
But they have multiplied to 6-7 recently, so until they get out if hand they're staying.

obscurereef said:
Cool setup. The mantis shrimp would be cool, and if you like the look of those pest(?) anemones then go for it. If you were to do that, some cool red macroalgaes would add some color.

Thank you. I might go back to the mantis shrimp idea seeing that I have a 2.5" one in my other tanks sump. As for the majano they may be pest, but they're still interesting. I'm wanting to try something different with this tank that you don't see every day so any suggestions are open.

I'm so sad my t5 hood burnt out. This has been the worst fixture I have ever worked with. It's a Coralife 12" t5 fixture...I guess it's time to look into a new lighting setup. Any suggestions for a 4gal?

If you want to do something really different you could always keep a large or many small gorgonians and have a species specific tank of denise's pygmy seahorses! Of course I'm joking..I don't know if anyone (including scientific research facilities) has kept them alive in captivity. Would be cool to have one if that was possible though.

A mini SPS dominant nano would look great. Have a group of sexy shrimp and a clown goby and acro crab to dwell among the corals. Would think it would be extremely hard to do b/c of the small size and large fluctuations that could occur, but it would def. look really awesome.

I wish I could keep the dwarf seahorses! As far as Acros go I'm not really a huge fan of Sps right now. I'm more drawn towards Lps. I forget who did it, possibly Advanced Aquarist, but I once saw a pico tank with a single Elegance coral that I fell in love with. I'm interested in doing a Lps nano tank but since my t5's burnt out I'm trying to find a nicer lighting situation.

LPS are great and I like them better than most SPS b/c of the movement/neon colors. I saw super red goni frags at my LFS and really want one. Prob. be the main coral in your tank if you got one b/c the red is insanely bright. I love chalices and favias and an ultra Aussie Gold Torch or Hammer would be really awesome too.

I'm currently growing a branching hammer piece in my other tank and I may move it to this one once my lighting gets straightened out! As for Gonipora I'm slightly intimidated by the sudden deaths I've heard of. I'd be more interested doing a whole Chalice tank or fill the tank with Blastomussa or Acans!

If the goni is cultured it will have a much higher chance of surviving in the home aquarium, otherwise they can mysteriously die, but I haven't read much into why they suddenly die... Good choices for the LPS. Acans are awesome as well!

Everyone I've talked to, about the Sudden Goni death syndrome, has no idea what causes them to die.

This is what makes me wish I kept my Blastomussa! But I did trade if for a nice Hammer coral.

I also thought about putting a single Scoly in the tank if I had the money :p

Sad news...I might be shutting down this nano tank. My t5ho hood burnt out on me while I was away over a few days. The corals are in absolutely horrible shape and will be transferred to my larger tank ASAP. This tank has been an uphill battle since setup it feels like. I'm not sure where to go from here :(. Stupid Coralife t5 lights.

Yea I had a 10g nano as my first SW tank. I just wanted to go back to where it all began, but now I'm set back a little. :(

This is a weird update on this tank! I transferred all of my livestock back to my larger tank and transformed this tank into shrimp habitat!

I'm going to be going with CRS probably. So yes this is no longer a saltwater tank -_-. Admin please move me over to the freshwater section :)

And btw I've ran over my photo limit but don't know how to make more room. (I'm on the iPhone app). Must I be on a computer?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom