5.5 Gallon Female Betta, Platy Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaNomad196

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok for christmas, I'm asking for this tank:
Top Fin&reg 5.5 Gallon Aquarium Starter KIt - Sale - Fish - PetSmart
for my bedroom. I may be able to squeeze in a ten gallon, but I don't want to chance it. Can my male platy and female betta upgrade to it? My platy is definitely. The betta may be stuck in my one gallon filtered. If it's a maybe, then I will see if they fin-nip or fight, if they do 1% I will seperate them.

So in conclusion, can the betta and platy go in and be fine?

This tank in the future will go to a DP.:confused:

I think the best way to handle this situation is jeep the beta in the 1 and upgrade the platy to the 5. Add a buddie for it.

If you can, try and eventually get a 10G. A 5.5 is really only adequate for the Betta while the Platy needs a 10G or larger. For now, I would add both to the 5.5G (Once cycled) and upgrade later.

I'm doing a 5.5 for Xmas. Then next April for my bday i'll get a 20 (I made space in my room, but my xmas budget doesn't have enough space for a 20) with some buddies, and the 5.5 will go to a DP I guess, probably the betta, I don't know, my mom's new hamster and cage takes up one of my stands.

Ah I see. Well the Betta and the Platy should due until then hopefully. As for now since they are only in a 1G and will be until Christmas (Correct?), you'll need to make sure to keep up your water and that the parameters are in check.

Ah I see. Well the Betta and the Platy should due until then hopefully. As for now since they are only in a 1G and will be until Christmas (Correct?), you'll need to make sure to keep up your water and that the parameters are in check.

Yeah, thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom