5.5 Gallon Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Imo, neon tetras need at least a 15 gallon. They get 1.5-1.8, too big for a 5, imo.

All schooling fish need a group of 6+, not 4.

While I think think their size is appropriate for this tank. I don't think they are suitable as they can be skittish and IMO need a larger group than 6 to make themselves at home.

Caleb

While I think think their size is appropriate for this tank. I don't think they are suitable as they can be skittish and IMO need a larger group than 6 to make themselves at home.

Caleb

They get to big, they need to move as well, not a good fit for this tank, a 5 long would be a different story. They'll just sit in one spot in this tank..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Caleb

In my opinion, any schooling fish over an inch is not suitable for a 10 gallon or less. Any non schooler 2 inches or less is fine, imo.....

Here's an update: almost a month later and I have the 5 neon tetras and 3 shrimp in the tank all seem very happy. The tetras are schooling often. The shrimp are fairly new and seem to be less active when there isn't food, but they hang out in some cool places in the tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Actually my LFS never really told me. They were already in the neon tetra tank and when I asked they said they're compatible. Identify these? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436544018.131414.jpg

Yeah they seem bigger than what I thought already, but yes, definitely harmless. Fun little guys to watch

Back
Top Bottom