5 Gal ADA Cube Garden #2 Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A few more photos.

Attachments

• image-928053275.jpg
    image-928053275.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 81
  • image-2498486273.jpg
    image-2498486273.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 84
  • image-2956680378.jpg
    image-2956680378.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 79
  • image-3498471630.jpg
    image-3498471630.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 88
  • image-3586255794.jpg
    image-3586255794.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 85
fort384 said:
A few more photos.

I would make the first pic my new avatar if that was mine. Looks really nice. Where can you get those tanks without the black brace or any brace(?)?

2 of mine are ADA tanks:

aqua forest aquarium

There are other less expensive sources of rimless tanks out there, but the quality of an ADA tank (clarity, seams, etc) is about the best I have seen.

fort384 said:
2 of mine are ADA tanks:

aqua forest aquarium

There are other less expensive sources of rimless tanks out there, but the quality of an ADA tank (clarity, seams, etc) is about the best I have seen.

I just checked the link and they are pretty expensive. The one that you have, is that the one that goes for $300?

This one is a Cube Garden Mini M... the equipment is all pretty expensive. The mini m though retails for under $100. It is only 5.5 gal.

Tank looks great!! Those fish really do have some nice color to them. I can't wait until mine starts to really grow in and the shrimp are in there. Thanks for keeping us updated. By the way, I'm drooling like rook too

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

fort, are those fish almost the same as ember tetras? SM recommended the embers for my 10G. she sent me some pictures and it just looks like yours...probably not. but how big do those fishes get?

Looking nice man. I'm still waiting on that glosso carpet of mine. It likes to grow up more than out...just gotta keep pruning. And yah, I have way too much blyxa(a hundred or so plantlets) but none of it will be of a respectable size(as in sendable/plantable) until mid april.

Cool, thanks Crepe. I will hit you up in a month or so... I am thinking a couple would look great in the background.

woohooo new fishes...very nice...

I am glad you haven't lose any more shripms. I hope that was only a one time thing.

But glad to see your new additions...SM recommended me ember tetras for my 10G later...those look like them...but probably not the same ones...how big do they get?

Daileene, sorry missed this earlier. Embers are a different species. Brigattae only grow to about 3/4" max.

it's okay fort....:) oh that's cool...I will put that fishes in mine if I will change my mind later on...:)

fort384 said:
This one is a Cube Garden Mini M... the equipment is all pretty expensive. The mini m though retails for under $100. It is only 5.5 gal.

Still, very expensive for a 5.5g. Seems like it's worth it though. Tank looks really clear and classy.

Agreed.

The dang inflow/outflow tubes cost as much or more than the tank... but all of the equipment looks really nice... you can't say that about most equipment. Some would call it crazy, but I like having the whole setup look like art, not just what is inside.

fort384 said:
Agreed.

The dang inflow/outflow tubes cost as much or more than the tank... but all of the equipment looks really nice... you can't say that about most equipment. Some would call it crazy, but I like having the whole setup look like art, not just what is inside.

I want to have a crazy tank too. :)
The inflow/outflow tube is for the filter? Are you using a canister filter? I'm not sure if you already mentioned the specs. I'll just read the thread again.

fort384 said:
Agreed.

Great looking tank and that's what I'm looking to do is more of a living art in a tank project and I'd say you got it done here.

fort, are those fish almost the same as ember tetras? SM recommended the embers for my 10G. she sent me some pictures and it just looks like yours...probably not. but how big do those fishes get?

They are totally different fish. Embers are great for a 10 gal but are much much larger than brigittae. Not as in length so much, but in terms of bulk. Brigittae (and merah for that matter) make a 10 gal look HUGE. LOL. Fort got the last of our brigittae, although we are always trying to source more.... :p

Daileene, sorry missed this earlier. Embers are a different species. Brigattae only grow to about 3/4" max.

Exactly.

They are looking awesome in there BTW! It was really nice meeting you this weekend and I'm so glad you like the new fish. Your tank really looks amazing and I think the brigittae were just the perfect addition! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom