5 Gallon Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_1_6

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was wondering how I could DIY a hood with lights on a 5 gal and achieve high lighting? I like compact fluorescent bulbs, and LEDs, but LEDs are very hard to get up here in Canada :( there are a few canopies with dual incandescent bulbs, what would my lighting be if i switched the bulbs for compact fluorescents?

I need to so the same thing with my 5 gallon, I want to have shrimp or something, with good lights? What does everybody recommend for a 5 gallon tank???

You don't really need a hood unless you have fish that jump. I have an architect's lamp positioned derictly over my tank. It has a 13 watt daylight spiral CFL bulb in it. It is a lot of light but it's good for plants.

all right, so if i have 2 CFL bulbs 13 watt i will have plenty of light? i want enough light to be able to grow HC.

Probably. You'll just have to try it and see, there's a ton of different variables when using CFL's, if the output isn't enough, put a higher wattage light in there and/or some better reflector material.

Probably. You'll just have to try it and see, there's a ton of different variables when using CFL's, if the output isn't enough, put a higher wattage light in there and/or some better reflector material.

Will do, thanks

Back
Top Bottom