5 gallon nanoreef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilostnemo

Aquarium Advice Addict
so this is gonna be my build thread for my 5 gallon reef! actually gonna keep this one for a while lol. so already got the filtration heater sand some lace rock. (might change to LR later.) basically my question is right now is lighting. want the option to be able to keep everything from softies to high light sps. and i love a blue tank. any suggestions? right now over the tank i have 2 50/50 of the corallife cfls. the ones that equal 50 watts

the gsp i have open up instantly once the lights kick on lol. my zoas seem to never open up when they did under one of them, so maybe its to much for them lol

That does seem like alot of light over a 5g. I had 36w and 15w LEDS bulbs over mine and it was for sure overkill. But now under the 150 mh they are doing much better than before even.

Have you thought about a single LED bulb? And mount it on the tank? You can get some awesome color that way.

I was using one of these CRE Loaded Ecommerce

over my 4g and another one that had 12 3watt cree bulbs/lenses. One had more blue than the other and of course there was a huge difference between 15w and the 36w bulb I had.

hmmm i might end up getting it. seems worth it and it would work over the tank im gonna build soon too. my only question is how blue was the 12k? lol i love blue almost as in when i had t5s over my 20h the bulbs were a 20k and a actinic and i loved it lol. coulda been more blue though... ;)

It's got a nice blue shimmer to it. if they came in like 20k I woudla gotten that one. I LOVE a blue tank.

My nanotuners 12k is pretty blue, I bet the 20k is super blue. I had a choice too, but I didn't know enough at the time. I shoulda gone with the 20k.

I'm not trying to hijack your thread but is a nano/Pico hard to keep and which is better and what's the difference

I'd consider anythign under 20g a nano and under 8g a pico. :)

The smaller you go the more difficult it can become though.
Such a small amount of water and parameter swings can be deadly. But mine was a lot of fun to build. I'll miss it.

Back
Top Bottom